Classic Lamb Ragout
|Lamb cubes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 soup can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Caraway seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, quartered for about 2 cups|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, cut in wedges|
1) Dredge the lamb cubes thoroughly with flour.
2) In a large heavy kettle or pot, brown the lamb cubes in shortening.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water, salt, pepper, garlic, and caraway seed.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour; stirring occasionally.
5) Stir in the potatoes, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
6) Place the cabbage on top, cover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the lamb and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve the Lamb Ragout immediately on serving plates.