French Fruit Pie
|Egg yolk||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Preserved apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar syrup||4 Tablespoon (thick)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
1) In a saucepan, beat together sugar and egg yolk.
2) Stir milk in the yolk mixture.
3) Heat the yolk mixture, until thick but do not boil.
4) Mix the extract in the yolk mixture.
5) Pour the yolk mixture in the pie shell and coat thinly.
6) Spread the preserved apricots over the yolk mixture.
7) Glaze the top with sugar syrup.
8) Cut in wedges and serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.