|9 inch pie shell||1|
|Cooked and crumbled bacon||1 Pound|
|Shredded swiss cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Eggs||5 , lightly beaten|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange half the bacon crumbles in a piecrust and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.
3. Repeat the same action to make the other layers.
4. Combine eggs and half and half and thoroughly blended; pour over the cheese mixture.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to ensure that the filling is set.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve hot.
If you spray the pie pan lightly with nonstick vegetable shortening or grease and flour it before lining it with the pastry, , it is usually possible to slide out and unmold the whole pie after it has cooled completely. This makes cutting it easier Greasing and flouring also gives a pleasant, slightly rough texture to the bottom crust.