|9 inch pie shell||1|
|Cooked and crumbled bacon||1 Pound|
|Shredded swiss cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Eggs||5 , lightly beaten|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange half the bacon crumbles in a piecrust and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.
3. Repeat the same action to make the other layers.
4. Combine eggs and half and half and thoroughly blended; pour over the cheese mixture.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to ensure that the filling is set.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve hot.
If you spray the pie pan lightly with nonstick vegetable shortening or grease and flour it before lining it with the pastry, , it is usually possible to slide out and unmold the whole pie after it has cooled completely. This makes cutting it easier Greasing and flouring also gives a pleasant, slightly rough texture to the bottom crust.
Calories 1039 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.7%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 498.9 mg166.3%
Sodium 3339.6 mg139.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 75 g149.3%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 0.91%
Calcium 55.1% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet