|Diced veal||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
1) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
2) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3) In a large bowl, place the diced meat along with enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to blanch.
4) Into the soaked Romertopf, transfer the meat.
5) To this, add the mushrooms, carrot and onion.
6) On this, now add the stock along with the clove and herbs.
7) In the hot oven, cook covered for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
8) In a saucepan, heat the butter.
9) To this, gradually stir in the flour.
10) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11) Then, drain off the liquid from the pot and add to the pan.
12) When this mixture is evenly consistent, add the cream and beaten egg.
13) To the meat in the pot, add this mixture, stirring gently.
14) Serve the Veal Blanquette, garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.2 mg40.7%
Sodium 182 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet