Chicken in Burgundy
|Smoked bacon||2 Ounce|
|Canned mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Small Tin)|
|Burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||5 Ounce (1 Small Glass)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
1. Wash chicken and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add a little lemon juice to the chicken.
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the chicken and cover with slices of bacon.
5. In a bowl, mix cream with burgundy and pour over the chicken.
6. Add the seasonings.
7. Place the dish in oven and cook for 1 hour.
8. Carefully, drain off the sauce and return the dish without the lid to the oven and let the chicken brown.
9. Using a strainer, strain the liquids and add mushrooms, butter and flour to thicken.
10. Add brandy to the liquids for more flavour.
11. Serve Chicken in Burgundy along with the liquids in a gravy boat.