Chicken in Burgundy
|Smoked bacon||2 Ounce|
|Canned mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Small Tin)|
|Burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||5 Ounce (1 Small Glass)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Use As Needed)|
1. Wash chicken and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add a little lemon juice to the chicken.
3. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the chicken and cover with slices of bacon.
5. In a bowl, mix cream with burgundy and pour over the chicken.
6. Add the seasonings.
7. Place the dish in oven and cook for 1 hour.
8. Carefully, drain off the sauce and return the dish without the lid to the oven and let the chicken brown.
9. Using a strainer, strain the liquids and add mushrooms, butter and flour to thicken.
10. Add brandy to the liquids for more flavour.
11. Serve Chicken in Burgundy along with the liquids in a gravy boat.
Calories 1345 Calories from Fat 827
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.8%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.1 mg139.7%
Sodium 502.8 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 96 g191.2%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet