|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Divide butter into three equal parts.
2. In top of double boiler place 1/3 of the butter, egg yolks and lemon juice taking care not to allow water in bottom of boiler to boil or to touch the bottom of top boiler.
3. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, until butter melts and continue to stir adding 1/3 of the butter until butter melts.
4. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and seasonings.
5. Continue cooking over hot water, stirring constantly until the sauce is considerably thick enough.
6. When it begins to separate, add 1 or 2 teaspoons boiling water and beat briskly until smooth.
7. Serve warm over asparagus, broccoli or poached fish; or use in making Eggs Benedict.