|Shallot||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||3 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Tarragon vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Chopped fresh chervil||3 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
1) In a 1 pint bowl, put the shallot and 1/4 ounce of butter.
2) On high power, cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the shallot becomes soft. Stir once to mix the shallot and butter.
3) To this, add the vinegar, salt and 1 teaspoon of chervil.
4) On high power, cook uncovered, for 3 minutes. By now, the liquid will be reduced to 1 teaspoon.
5) Into a medium bowl, strain the egg yolks.
6) With an electric beater, whisk the yolks until frothy.
7) To the shallot mixture, add the remaining butter.
8) On high power, cook uncovered, for 1 minute. With a fork, stir gently.
9) On high power, cook covered for 1 more minute, or until the mix starts bubbling. Note that the butter will splatter if you don't cover the second time.
10) Immediately, uncover and whisk the egg yolks thoroughly while pouring the butter steadily over the beater. Use both your hands to do this.
11) To this, mix in the remaining chervil.
12) Use this classic French sauce in any recipe of your choice.