Chilled Souffle Grand Marnier
|Granulated cane sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (Raw Form)|
|Double cream||200 Milliliter|
|Grand marnier||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) First, cut 6 long strips of greaseproof paper to match the height of the individual ramekin dishes, with an additional 1 inch height.
2) Around the dishes, wrap the paper and fix with rubber bands. For a realistic souffle appearance, ensure the paper is wrapped properly.
3) In a medium sized bowl, put the eggs and sugar.
4) With an electric whisk, beat until light and frothy.
5) Over Defrost/Low setting, cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until thick and creamy, whisking every 30 seconds.
6) In a small bowl, whip the cream and Grand Marnier until soft peaks form.
7) Into the egg mix, gently mix in the cream.
8) Into prepared dishes, pour this mixture well above the rims. The paper collar will prevent overflow, if any.
9) Keep in the freezer, uncovered for at least 2 hours.
10) Then, cover and freeze until required.
11) From the freezer, remove the ice cream 15 minutes before serving.
12) Then, remove the rubber bands and slide the warm blade of a table knife between the greaseproof paper and the rims.
13) Decorate the souffle with orange rind and serve cold, with wafer biscuits.