Crepes Stuffed with Blueberries & Mascarpone Cheese and Whole Wheat Crepes too!
|For the crepe batter|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided (For greasing)|
|For the blueberries & mascarpone cheese filling|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (flavoring)|
|Mascarpone cheese||8 Ounce (room temperature, or light whipped cream cheese)|
|For the bananas & nutella filling|
|Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Banana||4 , slice|
1. In a large bowl sift the flour and salt, make a well in the center and add the eggs and melted butter.
2. Pour the milk in slowly and whisk constantly.
3. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
4. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
5. In the meantime add 1 cup of blueberries and the sugar in a medium sauce pan. Place it over medium low heat
6. Add lemon juice, stir and let the sugar dissolve and let the blueberries burst let it slow simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the remaining blueberries and vanilla stir turn off the heat and let it cool.
8. In a bowl combine the mascarpone cheese with 2 tablespoon of the blueberries syrup, keep it aside.
9. Preheat an 8 inch skillet on medium high, add ½ teaspoon of melted butter and let the butter melt and spread it all over the pan.
10. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the skillet tilting the skillet around in a circular motion until the batter covers the bottom.
11. Cook the crepe on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the sides are light golden brown, stack the cooked crepes on a plate.
12. Spread the mascarpone filling on the crepe, roll the crepes and keep it on a serving plate.
13. Spread the blueberries syrup over the rolled crepes, garnish it with whipped cream.
14. Serve the crepes along with a nice hot cup of coffee.
For the whole wheat crepes use 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and follow the same procedure and spread some nutella and add some slices of banana, roll and serve.
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.8%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 111.4 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 66.6 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet