|Lady fingers biscuits||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Amber rum||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For chocolate filling|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares/Semisweet chocolate pieces- 1 1/2 packets, 6-ounce each||8 Ounce (8 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For chocolate glaze|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Line a 1 1/2-Quart bowl/ deep bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Slice each ladyfinger into two halves lengthwise and brush the inner portions with rum.
3. At the bottom of the platic wrapped bowl, arrange 6 halves of ladyfingers, cut side up. Arrange few more halves at the sides of the bowl in the same manner. Reserve rest of ladyfingers.
4. Over a double boiler, melt chocolate. Ensure that the water in the double boiler is just hot and not boiling. Keep aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and egg yolks. With a portable electric mixer , beat the ingredients until smooth and fluffy at high speed.
6. Reduce the speed and gradually beat in melted chocolate and vanilla, until well blended.
7. Transfer this prepared mixture into the lined bowl and spread uniformly on top to get a smooth finish.
8. Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut side down, on this batter.
9. Refrigerate for upto 4 hours or overnight.
10. At least 1 hour before serving, remove the refrigerated lined bowl and loosen the sides careully using a spatula.
11. Invert/ demould this onto a serving platter and peel off the plastic wrap.
12. In a medium sized dry glass bowl, combine chocolate and butter for glaze. Place over double boiler and stir till the mixture melts.
13. Spread this uniformly over the prepared ladyfingers and ensure its covered completely.
14. Refrigerate for upto 1/2 hour or till firm.
15.Brush glazed surface gently with corn syrup and decorate with candied violets, if desired.Cut into small wedges using a pastry spade/ sharp knife and serve immediately.
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.2 mg33.7%
Sodium 9.9 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet