Baked Cavatelli Casserole
|Cavatelli/1 package of 8 ounce other pasta||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|For cheese layer|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Following directions on the package, cook cavatelli and drain.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and remove pan from heat.
4. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth.
5. Gradually stir in milk and bring the liquids to boiling over medium heat with constant stirring.
6. Lower the heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
7. Remove the pan from and stir in Parmesan cheese.
8. In a medium bowl, toss cavatelli and sauce.
9. In another medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, egg, parsley, salt and pepper until well mixed.
10. In the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish, spoon half of cavatelli mixture and spread a layer of cheese mixture.
11. Spread another layer with remaining cavatelli mixture and arrange slices of mozzarella cheese on top.
12. Sprinkle paprika on top.
13. Place the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
14. Serve Baked Cavatelli Casserole for a complete meal.