Baked French Fondue
|French bread loaf||1 Large|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Stone Ground Or With Horseradish)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced thin|
|Eggs||4 , well beaten|
|Hot milk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Slice the bread loaf and spread the slices with a mixture of butter and mustard.
3) In a large greased casserole, cube and place the bread, alternately with cheese slices.
4) In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients together and pour over the cheese and bread.
5) Place the casserole in the refrigerator overnight.
6) Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Serve the Baked French Fondue as appetizers on dessert plates, with forks.
Calories 871 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.9%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 239.4 mg79.8%
Sodium 1423.8 mg59.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 40 g79.5%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 82.6% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet