Classic Bacon Quiche Lorraine
|Piecrust mix||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Bacon slices||12 , fried and crumbled|
|Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Soft butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Prepare the pie dough with piecrust mix as per package directions.
3) In a 10-inch glass pie plate, roll out and fit the pastry; refrigerate until needed.
4) Spread the piecrust with soft butter, then sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and grated cheese.
5) In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly, mix in the cream and seasonings.
6) Pour over the cheese and bacon in the pie plate.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 300° F and bake for another 15 minutes.
8) Slice into thin wedges serve the Quiche Lorraine, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.3 mg35.1%
Sodium 344.5 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.5%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet