Spinach And Prawn Souffle
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||7 , finely chopped|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Prawns||8 Ounce, peeled (225 Gram)|
1) Wash the spinach thoroughly and drain well.
2) In a large pan, place the spinach with onion and water.
3) preheat the oven.
4) Cover the pan and let the spinach simmer gently for 3-5 minutes, until the spinach is just cooked.
5) In a colander drain the spinach gently pressing out any excess water.
6) In a pan, place the milk, flour and paprikand boil over a low heat, stirring until the sauce thickens.
7) Let the sauce simmer for a further minute, then remove from the heat to cool a little.
8) Season sauce with black pepper to taste.
9) Add 2 tablespoons of the sauce into the egg yolks, then pour the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining sauce.
10) Add lemon juice to the sauce.
11) Chop the drained spinach into small pieces and stir into the sauce with the prawns.
12) In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks.
13) With a metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the spinach mixture.
14) Take a litre (3 1/2 pint) souffle dish and carefully pour the mixture into it.
15) Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
16) Serve the spinach and prawn souffle immediately with boiled new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.