Tart Aux Pommes Grille
|Puff pastry/Rough puff pastry / 6 ounce, in weight, trimmings||4 Ounce|
|Pippin apples||1 Pound (Cox'S, 4 To 6)|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon (Use Good Quality)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Double whipped cream||2 Fluid Ounce (1 Small Carton, For Serving)|
1) Set oven at 425° F or Mark 7.
2) In a saucepan, add sugar and water and boil for 2 minutes to make a syrup.
3) Add in jam and stir till dissolved.
4) Peel, quarter and core the apples and add to the syrup.
5) Place lid over the saucepan and allow the mix to boil.
6) Lightly poach for 20-25 minutes, and takeoff heat.
7) Without uncovering allow to cool and apples to turn translucent.
8) Transfer apples into the pie plate.
9) Roll out pastry and cover the edge of the plate with a pressed down thick border.
10) From the remaining pastry, cut 1/2-inch strips, and place in a lattice way over the apples. (For added appeal, you can twist the strips and then place.)
11) Lightly dust with icing sugar and place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
12) Serve cold.