French Hot Chocolate
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||4 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1. In saucepan place chocolate and water and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
2. Slowly stir in milk, then add cream, sugar, salt, mace and allspice.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until milk is hot.
4. Stir in vanilla and almond extract and carefully blend nutmeg into whipped cream.
5. Top each cup of hot chocolate with a spoonful of the whipped cream and serve.