Cold Ratatouille In Eggplant Shell
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Zucchini||1 1⁄2 Medium|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cherry tomatoes||16 , washed and halved|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Rinse the green pepper. Slice it in half and remove the ribs and seeds. Slice lengthwise to get 1/4-inch thick slices.
2) Srub the zucchini and slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Wash the mushrooms and slice them long along the stems to 1/4-inch thickness.
3) Clean the eggplant but do not peel. Quarter them by slicing along the length. Cut into 1/2-inch slices cross sections.
4) In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute the green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic for 5 minutes till the onion turns transparent. Remove the onions onto a medium bowl.
5) In skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute the zucchini stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. Add the zucchini into the onions.
6) Into the same skillet, add the remaining oil. Saute the eggplant for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Add in the vegetables and add the cherry tomatoes on top. Add in salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Mix gently.
8) Let the mixture cook for 10 minutes on low flame. Take the cover off and cook for 5 more minutes. Baste the vegetables with the juices in the pan occasionally. Cook till all the liquid disappears. Cover the ratatouille and refrigerate overnight. You can do all the above steps a day before.
9) Wash 2 eggplants, halve them and scoop out their insides. Serve the ratatouille inside the eggplant shells. Alternatively, serve them in little cups made of large lettuce leaves.
10) Garnish the top of the ratatouille with chopped parsley leaves.