Brie En Croute
|Piecrust mix||22 Ounce (2 Packages Of 11 Ounce Each)|
|Brie cheese wheel||5 Pound|
1. Following directions on the package, prepare each pack of piecrust mixture separately.
2. Shape each portion into individual balls and wrap in wax paper.
3. Immediately refrigerate if the dough is not used at once.
4. About 2 hours before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Over a lightly floured pastry cloth, roll out one ball of pastry into an 18-inch circle.
6. Transfer the rolled out dough to a large cookie sheet.
7. Uncover brie but leave the outer coating.
8. Place the cheese in the centre of the pastry and bring the pastry up over the cheese, about 1 inch over edge; press to make smooth all around.
9. In a small bowl, mix egg yolk with water; using a fork, beat until well combined.
10. Brush the egg mixture over pastry rim on top of cheese.
11. Roll 3/4th of the second pastry ball into a 14 inch circle; trim it evenly to make 13 inch.
12. Place it on top of the brie overlapping the edges of the bottom pastry; press with fingers to seal.
13. Roll the remaining pastry dough until 1/8 inch thick.
14. Using a 2 1/2x1 1/2 inches leaf cutter, cut about 20 or more leaves and arrange them around the edge of pastry and at the centre.
15. Brush lightly with egg-yolk mixture.
16. Refrigerate raw Brie En Croute until you are ready to bake it.
17. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
18. Brush with egg mixture and bake for another 20-25 minutes until golden-brown.
19. Transfer to a wire rack and let it stand for about 45 minutes for cooling.
20. Remove in a tray while it is still warm.
21. Cut into thin wedges.
Preparing and refrigerating unbaked Brie En Croute well in advance lets you enjoy the dish whenever required.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66 mg22%
Sodium 426.3 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet