Classic French Lima Bean Casserole
|Dried lima beans||1 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lamb shoulder||1 Pound, cubed|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||1 Medium, pared, chopped|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Crumbled rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rinse the beans. In a large saucepan, add the beans and water. Let it come to a boil. After boiling for 2 minutes, remove the saucepan from heat. Let rest covered for 1 hour.
3) In a large skillet, heat oil. Add in the lamb and brown on both sides. Take the lamb out and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, saute the onions and carrot till they soften.
5) Drain the lima beans and reserve 3 cups of the cooking liquid.
6) Pour the cooking liquid into the skillet along with the instant chicken broth. Sprinkle rosemary and pepper. Let the mixture come to boil.
7) In a 12-cup casserole, add in the beans and browned lamb along with the liquid. Cover the dish.
8) Bake for 2 hours. Take the cover off and bake for another 30 minutes till the beans become tender.
9) Serve the French Lima Bean Casserole with steamed rice on the side.