Classic French Hamburgers
|French bread loaf||2|
|Butter||1⁄2 Pound, softened (2 Sticks)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chuck||6 Pound, ground|
|Seasoned salt||4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped green onions including tops||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|A-1 sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the broiler or grill.
2) Halve the bread loaves horizontally, then turn and slice off the bottom crust.
3) In a bowl, mix the butter, mustard and chili powder together, then spread over the inner cut loaf surfaces.
4) In a bowl, combine the ground chuck, seasoned salt, green onions, chili sauce, soy sauce and A-1 sauce together.
5) Shape the mixture into four patties, slightly larger than the bread.
6) Place the bread with the buttered side down, at the back of the grill until warmed.
7) Barbecue the patties on one side, then turn over and place the bread over them, cook further until the patties are done.
8) Invert the hamburgers on a plate and slice each half into 3-4 wedges.
9) Garnish each serving of French Hamburgers with a thin tomato slice and serve immediately.
Calories 2344 Calories from Fat 1407
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g243.6%
Saturated Fat 72.5 g362.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 571.9 mg190.6%
Sodium 3871 mg161.3%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 126 g252.9%
Vitamin A 84.8% Vitamin C 48.3%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 72%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet