Smoked Mackerel Pate
|Bread loaf||3 Large|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Mayonnaise||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted (100 Grams)|
1) Discard the bread crusts, and break into pieces.
2) In a basin, place the bread pieces and pour in milk.
3) With a fork, mash the bread.
4) Discard the skin and bone from the mackerel. With a fork, flake the fish.
5) Scrub the lemon and finely grate the rind.
6) In a bowl, squeeze out the lemon juice.
7) Add the bread and mix well.
8) In a separate bowl, beat in cream cheese, mayonnaise and butter.
9) Add this mixture into the bread mixture along with the mackerel.
10) Adjust the seasoning of salt and pepper, according to taste.
11) Use individual pots or a souffle dish, or mould in foil tartlet cases, to press the mixture.
12) Place inside frozen zone to freeze.
13) Remove the pates and pack in foil.
14) Garnish with lemon and serve with hot toast and butter.