|Gooseberry puree||1⁄2 Pint (made with 1 lb green gooseberries, 1/4 pint water, 4 rounded tablespoons granulated sugar, 4-5 heads of elderflowers)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Green coloring||3 Drop (optional)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce, whipped|
|Browned almonds/Crushed ratafia crumbs||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped or crushed|
1) On the outside of the dish, tie a band of oiled greaseproof paper.
2) In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and puree.
3) Beat the mix over heat till thick. (No heating required if using an electric mixer).
4) Take off the heat and continue whisking till cool.
5) In a bowl, half whip the 1/4 pint cream and mix well into the gooseberry mix.
6) Soften gelatin in water and dissolve over low heat.
7) Mix into the souffle along with the coloring.
8) Notice when the mix starts to thicken, then beat the egg whites till stiff, and gently fold in to the soufflÃ©.
9) Transfer the souffle into a dish and allow to set.
10) Top with whipped cream and nuts or ratafia crumbs.
11) Remove the greaseproof paper before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2282 Calories from Fat 1730
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g296.6%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg282%
Sodium 352.5 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 62.5 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 110.8%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet