|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green peppers||2 Large, sliced|
|Red peppers||2 Large, sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (1 kg)|
|Courgettes||1 Pound, sliced (1/2 kg)|
1) Remove the onion skin and chop.
2) Peel off the tomato skin and cut into quarters.
3) In a large saucepan, add oil to heat up.
4) Saute the onions in hot oil and cook them until golden brown.
5) Add the garlic, sliced peppers and tomatoes to the pan.
6) Add the courgettes and cover the pan with a lid.
7) Reduce the heat to low and cook by stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender about 3/4 hour.
8) If the mixture is too runny, then boil uncovered for some time.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
10) Serve the ratatouille chilled, as a starter to your meal.