|Carrot||1 Small, diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 Small, chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||1 , chopped|
|Oysters||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Sauterne/Any white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Taylor New York State)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Whole)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
1. Drain the oysters and reserve the liquid.
2. Chop the oysters.
3. Soak the bread crumbs in milk, broth and reserved oyster liquid.
4. In a large soup pot, melt the butter
5. SautÃ© the vegetables until limp.
6. Add the chopped oysters and sautÃ© with the vegetables for another 3 minutes.
7. Add the soaked breadcrumbs with liquid to the pan and stir well.
8. Bring to a boil, stirring.
9. Reduce heat and stir in the cream, seasonings, and Worcestershire sauce.
10. Simmer, stirring occasionally unit oysters are cooked and soup is thick.
11. Ladle into soup bowls.
12. Garnish with sprinkle of paprika and chopped parsley.
13. Serve with crust bread or crackers.