|Whole wheat bread loaf||1 , sliced (good quality, OK if stale)|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tahini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red miso/Mugi /hatcho miso||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon (more as needed)|
|Thyme/Sage /rosemary and allspice||1|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven slow to 250°F.
2) On a baking sheet arrange the bread slices. Bake for about 45 minutes until thoroughly dry.
3) Let it cool completely and then break into pieces measuring 4 cups.
4) In a bowl add the bread and broth. Work with hands until completely moist.
5) In another bowl, blend tahini, miso, sesame oil, and garlic.
6) Mix the moistened bread and work with hands.
7) Add onions, parsley, and sherry.
8) Season with thyme, sage or rosemary, allspice, and pepper.
9) Add some sherry if needed and knead with hands until all ingredients are blended.
10) To make it moist, add little broth or water broth or water to make a sticky consistency.
11) Take a small loaf pan or bowl and pack the mixture firmly into it.
12) Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
13) Take out the pate from refrigerator half hour before serving.
14) Unmold and serve with crackers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2583 Calories from Fat 1300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237.6%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3286.7 mg136.9%
Total Carbohydrates 239 g79.7%
Dietary Fiber 32.8 g131%
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 86 g172.1%
Vitamin A 56.4% Vitamin C 121.6%
Calcium 106.4% Iron 152.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet