Parsley Rice Souffle
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Use a 2-quart souffle dish to grease with 1 tablespoon butter.
3) In a medium saucepan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and melt over moderate heat.
4) Saute the onion in hot butter for 5 minutes, or until it is softened and translucent.
5) Add rice and stir to coat.
6) Pour in stock and season with salt.
7) Bring the liquid to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the rice is very tender, about 20 minutes.
8) Sprinkle the parsley and stir into the rice.
9) Allow the rice to cool for 5 minutes.
10) One by one, beat in eggs and then pour in milk. Stir in to combine until well blended.
11) In the buttered souffle dish, pour the rice preparation.
12) Place inside oven to bake for about 50 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on top.
13) Serve the souffle warm by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.