Ratatouille With Ripe Tomato
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the eggplants into 1 inch pieces.
2) Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then into 1 inch lengths.
3) In a colander, put the vegetables sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions.
5) Peel the garlic and crush it.
6) Seed and thinly slice the peppers.
7) Blanch, peel and halve the tomatoes.
8) In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and fry gently till transparent.
9) Dry the eggplants and zucchini on paper towels and add to the pan with the peppers, tomatoes, sugar and plenty of pepper.
10) Cook for about 45 minutes till the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
11) Adjust the seasoning and serve hot, or cool and chill.
12) Serve the raratouille as side dish in your lunch and dinner meals.