Iced Raspberry Souffle
|Raspberries||1 Pound, thawed if frozen (450 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Double cream||10 Fluid Ounce, lightly whipped (1 Carton, 284 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||5 Fluid Ounce (1 Carton, 142 Milliliter)|
|Whole raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen, Extra)|
1) In a blender, add raspberries and puree.
2) In a strainer, place a muslin cloth and strain the puree with the help of the back of a wooden spoon.
3) In a bowl, add egg whites and beat till stiff.
4) Continuing to beat, add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
5) Gently fold in the raspberry puree and cream.
6) Pour into a soufflÃ© dish and freeze.
7) To freeze for up to 2 weeks, open freeze till solid, then wrap in cling film and foil.
8) Place in a sealable container.
9) To serve after freezing, refrigerate in wrapping and allow to thaw for 1 hour.
7) Top with whole raspberries and whipped cream.
8) Tiny meringues or ratafias around the edge also make a delightful presentation.