|Tarragon vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green onion/Shallot||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole peppercorns||4 , crushed|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Snipped fresh tarragon leaves||1 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. In small saucepan simmer combining tarragon vinegar, finely chopped shallot or green onion, crushed peppercorns and Bouquet Garni* till liquid is reduced to half.
2. Strain through cheese cloth and add cold water to herb liquid.
3. in top of double boiler where top is not over the water beat egg yolks and slowly add strained herb liquid.
4. Cook adding and stirring a few tablespoons of the butter or margarine to egg yolks and place over hot water which is not boiling till butter melts and the sauce starts to thicken.
5. Add butter, a tablespoon at a time, stirring till all the butter has been used and the sauce is smooth with consistency of thick cream and remove from heat.
6. Add salt to taste then add tarragon and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1026 Calories from Fat 949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.6%
Saturated Fat 63.6 g318.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 982.2 mg327.4%
Sodium 434.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet