|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Heat the oil to 375° F before frying.
2. Add yeast of water to soften it. Mix to a smooth mixture.
3. Mix milk with nutmeg, salt, oil, and sugar in a large bowl. Stirring continuously, add yeast mixture.
4. Add eggs and beat thoroughly, Add flour just enough to shape the mixture to a soft dough.
5. Knead well until the dough turns elastic and smooth.
6. In an oiled bowl, place the dough, apply a little oil on the top, cover with a cloth, and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes for the dough to rise.
7. Punch the dough down and make the dough into three equal portions.
8. Roll each portion out with ½ inch thickness and cut into ¾ X 1 inch triangles. Stretch the triangles as much as possible to keep them thin.
9. Deep-fry to brown as batches.
10. Drain on tissues and sprinkle confectioners-€™ sugar while still warm.
11. Serve French Doughnuts with iced black coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3129 Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.3 mg159.1%
Sodium 1001.7 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 487 g162.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.8%
Sugars 105.2 g
Protein 83 g166%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 85.8% Iron 140.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet