|Red kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Small, mashed|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Smoked beef sausage||1 Ounce, sliced (1 link)|
|Crisp bacon slices||2 , crumbled|
|Thyme leaves||1 Dash|
1) In a small mixing bowl, place 3 ounces of kidney beans.
2) With a fork, mash the beans well and keep aside.
3) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, add the vegetables, margarine, and garlic. Mix well.
4) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and microwave on high power for 3 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking.
5) To this, add the mashed and remaining whole beans, water, sausage, bacon, and thyme. Mix well.
6) With the vented plastic wrap, cover and microwave on high power for 3 minutes.
7) Let the casserole stand for 5 minutes.
8) Serve the Quick Cassoulet hot along with some toasted bread.
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.7 mg2.9%
Sodium 197.5 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet