French Style White Kidney Beans
|String beans||1⁄4 Pound (young, preferably haricots verts)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, crushed|
|Canned white kidney beans||19 Ounce (1 can)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the string beans uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, until crunchy but still tender and bright green.
2) Drain the beans and place aside.
3) In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the olive oil and garlic.
4) SautÃ© the garlic over low heat for 10 minutes, to infuse the oil, without browning.
5) Discard the garlic.
6) Add thyme and kidney beans to the oil.
7) Cook these over low heat for 5 minutes.
8) Add the string beans and toss gently.
9) Season the beans with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Transfer the beans on a serving platter, and serve warm or at room temperature.