|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tuna steaks||1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry vermouth/Dry white table wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, rinsed and dried|
|Oil cured black olives||6 , halved and pitted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , cut lengthwise into quarters|
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet.
2) Add the tuna and cook, occasionally stirring, till the fish is light brown in color on all sides. This takes about 5 minutes of cooking.
3) Add the bell pepper, onion, vermouth (or wine), capers, olives and garlic. Stir well to combine.
4) Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Cook till the vegetables are soft (3 minutes).
5) Add the tomatoes and stir well to combine. Continue to cook till the tomatoes are thoroughly heated (1 more minute of cooking).
6) Serve the preparation while it is still hot.