Low Fat French Cream Dessert
|Nonfat dry milk powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten thoroughly|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Add liquid milk to a mixture of dry milk powder, sugar, and cornstarch placed atop a double broiler.
2. Cook the mixture, placing above hot water, and stir until the mixture thickens. Mixing intermittently, cook for 15 more minutes.
3. Add the hot mixture to beaten egg, stirring continuously to avoid curdling.
4. Return to double broiler, and stirring continuously, cook for 2 minutes. Take care to prevent the mixture from boiling.
5. Take off from heat and mix in cognac with margarine and vanilla.
6. Divide equally between 6 sherbet glasses lined with sponge cake slices or Lady Fingers and chill until served.