|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thick bacon slice||2|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Sift the flour, salt and pepper into a bowl.
2) Rub in the butter till mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3) Gradually add the water to bind and knead to a dough.
4) Roll out and use to line a greased 8 inch pie or quiche pan.
5) Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 400°.
7) Dice the bacon.
8) In a skillet, fry the bacon lightly.
9) Sprinkle bacon and cheese over the bottom of the pastry case.
10) In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk or cream and seasoning .
11) Into pastry case, pour the mixture.
12) Do not overfill.
13) Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and bake for further 25-30 minutes.
14) Serve the Quiche Lorraine hot or cold with salad and potatoes.