Tomato Cheese Souffle
|Shredded cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion slice||4 , thin|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , yolks separated from the whites, and the whites stiffly beaten with 1/3 teaspoon of salt|
|Dry mustard||14 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook till the roux mixture is bubbling and frothy but has still not turned brown.
3) Heat the milk, along with the clove, bay leaf, parsley, dill and onion, till it has reached boiling point.
4) Into the roux, strain the milk.
5) Add the pureed tomato, constantly stirring, and then add the cheese. Use salt and pepper to season to taste.
6) Take the mixture off the heat and allow the cheese sauce to cool down slightly.
7) Lightly beat the egg yolks, add the mustard and beat again till the ingredients have blended properly.
8) Stir the egg-yolk mixture into the cheese sauce very gradually, briskly beating after each addition.
9) Fold in the beaten egg whites.
10) Pour the entire concoction into a greased soufflÃ© dish.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, till the soufflÃ© is well puffed up and has turned brown on top.
12) Serve the Tomato Cheese Souffle while it is still hot. Place on a decorative serving platter and serve whole (can be sliced at the table) or cut into wedges and serve on individual plates. Thin slices of tomato or a good sprinkling of cheese can be used as garnish.