Egg Souffle with or without Ham
|Hard-boiled eggs||6 (Yolks Of 3 Separated From The Whites Stiffly Beaten)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Butter/1/3 cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoon butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Into the milk, stir the breadcrumbs and let them soak for some time till the mixture forms a thick paste.
3) Lengthwise quarter the hard-boiled eggs and remove the yolks.
4) In a greased 1-quart soufflÃ© dish, arrange the egg whites in a star shape.
5) With the breadcrumb mixture and the raw egg yolks, mash the hard-boiled egg yolks. Use salt, pepper and nutmeg to season.
6) Melt about 2 tablespoons of the butter, or the heavy cream, and add to the yolk mixture along with the ham (if being used).
7) Fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour the entire concoction over the hard-boiled egg whites in the soufflÃ© dish.
8) Use the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to dot the top of the preparation.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till the soufflÃ© has risen well.
10) Serve the soufflÃ© while it is still hot and risen. Makes a good appetizer, and can also be served as a snack.
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 416.2 mg138.7%
Sodium 262.3 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet