Semolina Souffle with Cheese
|Freshly grated cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shredded cheese||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Coarse semolina||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , yolks separated from the whites, and whites stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, place the butter and milk. Bring the ingredients gently to a boil.
3) Sprinkle in the semolina and continue to cook the ingredients over low heat for a few minutes, continuously stirring, till the mixture has thickened.
4) Take the pan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
5) In the meantime, grease a 1-quart soufflÃ© dish or four individual molds for baking.
6) Into the cooled semolina mixture, stir the cheeses and egg yolks. Use a pinch each of salt and paprika to season the mixture and fold in the egg whites.
7) Into the prepared soufflÃ© dish or molds, pour the mixture and place the molds or dish in a roasting pan that contains just enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dish or molds.
8) Bake in the preheated oven till the soufflÃ©-€™s top is crusty and brown in color. This usually takes about 30 minutes of baking in case a single large dish is being used and 15 to 20 minutes in case of smaller molds.
9) Serve the Semolina Souffle with Cheese while it is still hot, in the baking dish or molds. The soufflÃ©s make a good appetizer as well as snack.
Calories 2056 Calories from Fat 1180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.1%
Saturated Fat 79.4 g397%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 654.7 mg218.2%
Sodium 6156.2 mg256.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 165 g329.8%
Vitamin A 53% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 449.9% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet