|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Onions||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Pinch (Good Pinch)|
|Stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Peel potatoes and onions.
2. Cut potatoes in fairly small cubes and roughly chop the onions.
3. Butter a 1-litre/2-pint pie dish.
4. Mix potatoes and onions with seasoning and nutmeg in the dish.
5. Add the stock and pour melted butter over the top.
6. Cover with foil and bake in a moderately hot oven (190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5) for 35 minutes.
7. Take off the foil and add a little more stock if potatoes have absorbed it all. Continue cooking, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and browned on top.
8. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.5 mg6.8%
Sodium 42 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet