Burgundy Beef Steak
|Boneless beef sirloin steak||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||16 Ounce (1 Bag, Zucchini, Cauliflower And Carrots)|
|Canned beef gravy||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Burgundy/Other dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder/1 clove fresh garlic, minced||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
1. In a large, flat skillet melt and heat margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the beef to the pan, and stir fry for about 10 minutes until evenly browned.
3. With a slotted spoon remove the beef onto a platter and keep aside.
4. To the fat in the pan, add vegetables, garlic and tomato paste. SautÃ© for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in the gravy and wine.
6. Stir to blend and heat, until it comes to a boil.
7. Return the beef cubes to the gravy in the pan
8. Reduce heat, cover pan and stew for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
9. Divide the hot cooked rice equally among 4 dinner plates.
10. Ladle the Burgundy Beef stew on top.
11. Garnish with parsley before serving.