Cinnamon Scented French Toast
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread slice/Whole grain bread slices||8|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the bread into half for convenience.
2. Take a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg whites, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Pour into a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
4. Nipping the pieces of the bread, soak it in the milk mixture for a few minutes.
5. Coat a large nonstick frying pan with nonstick spray and heat the pan over medium-high heat.
6. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
7. Add half of the bread and brown the pieces for about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
8. Repeat the same action with the remaining oil and bread.
9. Arrange the bread on a serving platter and serve hot.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 382.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet