Leeks Au Gratin
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||3 Teaspoon|
|Ham shoulder slices||6|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 Gram)|
1. Trim and wash the leeks very thoroughly to remove any grit.
2. Cook in boiling salted water until just tender, 10-15 minutes depending on size.
3. Drain well, then place on kitchen paper and keep hot.
4. Place oil and onions in a small saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the roughly chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the Marmite, seasoning, sugar, tomato puree and thyme.
7. Wrap each leek in a slice of ham and place in an ovenproof dish.
8. Spoon the sauce over the leeks and sprinkle with the cheese.
9. Place the dish under a moderate grill to reheat the leeks and just melt the cheese.