|Sake/Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Squabs||2 , quartered|
1) In a saucepan, mix sake or dry sherry, sweet sherry, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
2) Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes and cool.
3) Marinate the squabs in the mixture and let it marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
4) Oil a broiling tray.
5) Drain the squabs, reserving the marinade.
6) Arrange the squabs on the broiling tray.
7) Broil for 10 minutes on each side or until tender, basting frequently with the marinade.
8) Serve broiled squabs hot on a warm serving platter.
The squabs may be cooked whole in a rotisserie or over charcoal.