Pears Belle Helene
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dessert pears||3 Large|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chocolate sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, browned|
1. Make a syrup by simmering the sugar, water and vanilla until sugar dissolves.
2. Peel, core and halve the pears lengthways.
3. Poach them in the syrup until just tender.
4. Pile the ice cream in a serving dish.
5. Arrange the drained, cooled pear halves around it.
6. Coat the dessert with chocolate sauce, and scatter browned almonds over.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3540 Calories from Fat 1167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.1%
Saturated Fat 72.7 g363.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 425.4 mg141.8%
Sodium 801.1 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.7%
Sugars 492 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 57.8%
Calcium 135.5% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet