|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Creme praline||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required, Store Bought Or Homemade)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Brush a baking sheet lightly with butter, dust with flour and shake off any excess flour. Make a 8-inch circle in the center of the baking sheet.
3) In a heavy saucepan, heat the water, butter, and salt together, until the butter has melted.
4) Bring to a rapid boil, add the flour, then remove from the heat and stir until the mixture leaves the suface of the pan.
5) In a clean mixing bowl, remove the mixture, slightly cool and gradually stir in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
6) Spoon the chou paste in a pastry bag fitted with a large plain nozzle and pipe out a ring about 1 inch high and 2 inches thick in the circle over the baking sheet.
7) Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle over the almonds on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the pastry ring to cool in the oven with the door partially open.
9) Split the pastry ring and spoon the lower half and dents in the upper half with the creme pralinee.
10) Whip the heavy cream until stiff, spoon over the lower half of the pastry ring and cover with the top half.
11) Slice and serve on a serving platter.