Butter Shrimp Bisque
|Cooked shelled shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), or canned|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Watercress leaves||2 (For Garnish)|
1. In a food processor, chop the shrimp with a cup of the butter until almost pasty.
2. Melt the remaining butter in a large pan.
3. Add the flour, and stir over low heat 1 minute.
4. Slowly stir in the fish stock and wine. Stirring constantly, heat slowly to the boiling point.
5. Mix in the chopped shrimp.
6. Take the pan off the heat, and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
7. Just before serving, stir in the cream. Garnish with watercress leaves.