The Great French Cassoulet of Toulouse
|White haricot beans||450 Gram, picked (Great Northern Or Marrowfat)|
|Yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled and chunked|
|Goose fat/Salt butter/alternative||90 Gram|
|Lean boneless beef/Lamb/veal||3⁄4 Pound, cut in to 2 inch chunks (340 Gram)|
|Smoked pork chops||1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams)|
|Smoky lean bacon slab||1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams)|
|All purpose white flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled|
|Bay leaves||3 (To Be Crumbled)|
|Parsley leaves||60 Milliliter, chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Tarragon leaves/2 teaspoon dried tarragon||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme leaves/2 teaspoon dried thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled, minced|
|Beef bouillon||1 1⁄4 Centiliter (5 Cups)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Garlic sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
1) In a 8-quart pressure cooker, without its base rack, bring 2 quarts (2 liters) of cold water to a boil, add the chunked onions and cloves.
2) When bubbly, gently add the beans, place the lid, bring the pressure up to 10 pounds and cook for 45 minutes.
3) Turn off the heat and allow the pressure lower, gradually on its own.
Drain off the liquid and remove the solids into a storage bowl.
4) Rinse the pressure cooker, place over a medium-high frying heat, brown all the meats in the melted butter in batchs, lightly sprinkling each piece with the flour.
5) Place all the pieces into the cooker, add the tomato paste, whole onions, bay leaves, parsley, tarragon, thyme, garlic, 3 cups of the beef bouillon, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 10 pounds and cook for 45 minutes.
7) Turn off the heat, lower the pressure immediately and return the beans mixture back into the cooker and mix gently.
8) Then gently push in the preserved goose pieces and garlic sausage,
add 2 cups of beef bouillon and gently bring to a boil.
9) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 10 pounds and cook for another 10 minutes.
10) Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to lower gradually on its own.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates with a slotted spoon, leaving the juices in the cooker.