Peppered Steak Au Poivre
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef tenderloin fillet||6 Ounce (1 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned beef broth||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Set out the sheets of waxed paper on a cutting board
2. Place the peppercorns in-between the waxed sheets of paper
3. Smash the peppercorns into small pieces and then remove the top sheet of the waxed paper
4. Press the meat onto the crushed peppercorns and ensure that the meat is completely covered with the crushed pepper.
5. In a 8-inch chef style fry pan, add the oil and heat gently over medium heat
6. When the pan starts smoking, place the meat on the pan and sautÃ© for 4 minutes on both sides for rare, 5 minutes for medium and 6 minutes for well-done
7. Remove the meat immediately to a warmed serving plate.
8. Pour off the fat, add the broth, cream, Cognac and season well with salt and pepper
9. Simmer for two minutes to thicken the sauce.
10. Pour the sauce over the meat
11. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately