Turkey Or Game Meat Pate
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked turkey pieces/Game meat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (In Small Pieces, Without Skin)|
|Cooked pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (In Small Pieces)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sausage meat/Leftover sausage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed cream||2 Tablespoon (Canned)|
|Chicken soup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Watercress sprigs||2 (To Garnish)|
1. Fry onion slowly in butter until browned.
2. Grind together the turkey or game meat and pork (or shred finely in a food processor or blender).
3. Soak bread crumbs in milk then squeeze dry.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the watercress sprigs. Blend well.
5. Grease an ovenproof casserole or loaf pan.
6. Spread the pate mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down lightly.
7. Cover it securely with a lid or greased foil.
8. Stand it in a roasting pan and pour in about 1 1/2 inches depth of boiling water.
9. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 40 minutes. Cool in the pan.
10. Run a knife around the inside to loosen the pate, then unmold and garnish with watercress sprigs. Place chicken in a warmed serving dish, and pour the liquid over it.
11. Serve with lemon wedges. Boiled rice is a good accompaniment.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1735 Calories from Fat 924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g159.1%
Saturated Fat 44.7 g223.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 706.4 mg235.5%
Sodium 3502.1 mg145.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 164 g327.9%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet