French Onion Rings
|Bermuda onions||6 Medium|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Slice onions across into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
2) Place onions in a bowl and allow them to stand for 30 minutes after pouring milk over them.
3) Drain well.
4) Into a paper bag containing a small amount of flour, put rings and shake bag gently so that the rings get coated well.
5) Combine milk with one cup flour, salt and beat eggs to make a batter.
6) Into this, dip the floured rings and drain.
7) Place them, a few at a time, in a frying basket.
8) Heat shortening at 350-375 deg and fry rings in it until delicately browned.
9) Serve at once.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg27.6%
Sodium 400.2 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet